Dear White Rock Valley Neighbors,
It’s hard to believe that a new year is already upon us! As a reminder, if you haven’t done so already, it is time to renew your WRVNA membership, or, in the case of our new residents, to show your support for White Rock Valley by becoming a new member (Click Here To Join).
Our overall dues and ENP contributions were down noticeably in 2018 which is a trend we very much hope to reverse. Our goal of 100% participation remains unchanged, and we need your help in order to reach this goal. White Rock Valley is truly special, and becoming a member of the association helps to ensure it will continue to thrive for years to come.
Some of the services that the association provided in 2018 with membership dues included:
• Coordinated negotiations and represented neighborhood interests throughout on-going discussions between commercial developers and Dallas city officials regarding the residential development at the corner of White Rock Trail and Walnut Hill. Obtained numerous concessions and modifications to the original development plan including a significant reduction in the proposed number of residential units.
• Expanded Neighborhood Patrol (ENP) – 670 hours of extra, paid, DPD patrols, specific to White Rock Valley, with additional services to ENP Members (see enclosed
• Volunteer-In-Patrol (VIP) – coordination of neighbors who volunteer their time to provide additional citizen patrols to supplement DPD patrols
• Maintenance of the neighborhood gateway at Walnut Hill and White Rock Trail
• Vehicle decals featuring the neighborhood logo to identify residents and improve security (available upon request)
• National Night Out festivities with attendance of over 500 (our improvised block party venue was a great success)
• Facilitation of The 4th Annual Jingle Ride to collect presents for less fortunate children
• Organized and made a substantial contribution to a GoFundMe campaign that raised over $3,000 for the Assist the Officer Foundation after Dallas Police Officers Rogelio Santander and Crystal Almeida were tragically shot in the line of duty at a local Lake Highlands area Home Depot location
• Updated and improved WRVNA Website
• Email communication to over 1,100 subscribers
For 2019 and the next several years, our focus is in three distinct areas, all of which will serve to further improve the quality of life of each and every one of our residents:
1. Security – including new lighting throughout the neighborhood and additional security measures (this is a long term project and will take multiple years and city cooperation and support to execute)
2. Beautification – including capital improvements to signage and entries
3. Community – including additional neighborhood-‐wide event(s)
These multi-year initiatives will allow White Rock Valley to continue to grow and prosper for years to come, and will also serve to protect our property values. To help support these initiatives, please become a member or renew your membership today at the level with which you’re most comfortable:
• $50 for neighbors below the age of 70
• $25 for neighbors above the age of 70
Premium Membership: General Membership + ENP Security Services (see enclosed for details)
• $175 for neighbors below the age of 70
• $150 for neighbors above the age of 70
Platinum Membership: Premium Membership + Capital Contribution towards multiyear capital projects (e.g. Neighborhood Gateway, etc.)
• $275 for neighbors below the age of 70
• $250 for neighbors above the age of 70
To join the WRVNA, simply visit our updated website at www.wrvna.org/join/ and select your desired membership level, or complete the enclosed membership form and drop it in the mail along with a check made payable to WRVNA.
The WRVNA needs you! We need neighbors willing to volunteer for our neighborhood. For those interested, please contact Mark Holmes at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions about WRVNA, ENP, VIP, or our improvement initiatives, please contact me at email@example.com. We appreciate your support and we look forward to you renewing or joining the WRVNA.
And lastly, a heartfelt thank you from the board to everyone who dedicated time, energy and resources to making our neighborhood a better place in which to live in 2018. We are looking forward to another successful year in 2019!
Vice President | Membership
White Rock Valley Neighborhood Association